Norfolk radio duo Rob Chandler and Chrissie Jackson host final Heart breakfast show
- Credit: submitted
Radio duo Rob and Chrissie today presenting their last ever breakfast show on Heart Radio.
For fourteen years radio listeners in Norfolk have woken up to the Rob and Chrissie breakfast show, but the well-known duo took to the airwaves together on Heart for the final time.
Rob Chandler and Chrissie Jackson originally teamed up in April 1999, on the then Radio Broadland, and since then they have woken up thousands of listeners across the local area every weekday morning.
Rob has worked in radio in East Anglia for more than 30 years – 27 of them presenting the breakfast show - while Chrissie has been a familiar voice in the area for 27 years on a variety of different shows.
In a statement released by Heart, the pair said: 'The radio station and the breakfast show have been a huge part of our lives. We've had a fantastic time on and off-air with the team here and most importantly with the listeners. Presenting Heart Breakfast has been one of the best jobs in the world and it has been a privilege to be part of our listeners' lives.'
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk-born Dave Taylor and TV presenter Sarah Cawood are to be the new hosts of the morning show.
Meanwhile, Radio Norwich 99.9 has snapped up Rob Chandler. The city will be waking up to the new Rob Chandler Breakfast show from New Year's Day.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146