Norfolk pubs team up for charity walk for Mind
- Credit: Martin Sizeland
Pubs in West and North Norfolk have come together to support mental health charity West Norfolk Mind.
The White Horse and The Jolly Sailors in Brancaster Staithe, and the Kings Head at Letheringsett, are running a charity walk from Blakeney to Brancaster Staithe.
The walk will take place on Friday, September 1, beginning at Blakeney Quat at 9am, and finishing at The White Horse at around 5pm.
The independent local charity promotes positive mental health and provides resources for people who struggle, including support services, talking therapy and crisis care for people whose mental health is in need of help. Their counsellors give support and advice or simply listen.
Walkers are welcome to join for the whole or part of the distance, and encouraged to bring picnics, and wear fun hats.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be opportunities to about North Norfolk coastal village history along the way.
Donations can be made online here, and there will be collection tins in the pubs and charity buckets along the route.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy