Hundreds left without power for hours
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of residents across seven Norfolk postcodes were left without power for almost five hours during a power cut near Norwich.
UK Power Networks received more than 80 calls from 4.59pm on Monday, December 30, after power went off in a large area west of the city.
Homes in Hethersett, Wymondham, Hardingham and the surrounding areas were all affected by the incident.
Residents of seven Norfolk postcode areas were affected, including NR1 8, NR9 3, NR9 4, NR9 5, NR16 1, NR16 2 and NR18 0.
The cut was caused by a high-voltage overhead electricity line fault, say UK Power Networks.
You may also want to watch:
Power was restored at 9.40pm, after residents had been in the dark for more than four-and-a-half hours.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft