Man ordered to pay back £115,000 after selling stolen goods
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man has been given a suspended sentence and ordered to repay over £115,000, after he sold stolen satellite navigation systems, power tools and clothing.
Dane Nutkin, 48, from Thetford, was given a two-year prison sentence, suspended for two years for selling stolen items and ordered to repay over £115,000 in money he made illegally.
Nutkin will also undertake 240 hours unpaid work and 40 days rehabilitation activity requirement.
An investigation by the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit’s financial investigation team found that Nutkin had made significant amounts selling the stolen goods.
The items included satellite navigation systems, power tools and clothing.
At Norwich Crown Court on Thursday, March 4, he was ordered to pay back £115,093.25 under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Financial Investigation Manager Leanne Middleton, from ERSOU’s financial investigations team, said: “The sums involved in Nutkin’s illicit activity demonstrate the extent of his operation and it was important that he was ordered to repay the money he’d made through illegal means.
“We’ll continue to work with forces across the region to ensure offenders pay back the money and assets they’ve made through unlawful means, even if they’ve already faced criminal proceedings.”
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale