Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Firefighters had to cut the roof off a car to free a driver following a crash on the A11.
A Vauxhall Zafira went into central reservation in Thetford bound before the Ketteringham turn off.
Police were called at around 7.30pm and the road was closed completely at 8pm, so emergency services could cut the roof of the car to free the female driver.
A Norfolk Police Spokesman said: “Approximately 50 members of the public turned around for the safety of our fire colleagues, so they could get the female out.
“She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital with a slight injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding.”
The road was then reopened at 10pm.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation