Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Firefighters had to cut the roof off a car to free a driver following a crash on the A11.
A Vauxhall Zafira went into central reservation in Thetford bound before the Ketteringham turn off.
Police were called at around 7.30pm and the road was closed completely at 8pm, so emergency services could cut the roof of the car to free the female driver.
A Norfolk Police Spokesman said: “Approximately 50 members of the public turned around for the safety of our fire colleagues, so they could get the female out.
“She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital with a slight injury.
“Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding.”
The road was then reopened at 10pm.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK