US fast food giant Taco Bell could be launching first Norfolk restaurant
- Credit: Taco Bell
American fast food chain Taco Bell is looking for staff for its new outlet in Great Yarmouth.
There are some 26 in the UK already and the company announced this year they would be expanding further.
The restaurant will be the first in Norfolk with the closest branches being in Essex.
A post on jobs' website Indeed said it was expected to open in mid December.
The location of the restaurant has not been revealed but town centre manager Jonathan Newman said he hoped it would not be an out-of-town offer.
He said several empty shops were ripe for Taco Bell including the former Spud-u-like shop in Regent Road.
The restaurants serve a variety of Tex-Mex foods that include tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, novelty and specialty items.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 9 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 10 From pot washer to head chef: 17-year-old's remarkable rise to the top
Most of them are operated as a franchise.