Norfolk pet owners given a chance to keep in contact with their animals - by text
Animal lovers are being given a chance to keep in text message contact with their pets when they go on holiday.
Alison Barnard, of Norwich Road, Stoke Holy Cross, is also recruiting foster families to temporarily look after animals while their owners are away, offering taxi services to take pets to the vets and has ambitions for a doggy day care centre.
The 49-year-old established Ali B Pet Care Services following her decision to leave the world of human resources after more than 20 years. And Mrs Barnard, who owns two dogs, Amie and Ozzy, said she was trying to think of every service possible to put pet owners at ease.
She said: 'It's amazing how many people don't want their pets to go to kennels and catteries. They want to keep them in their house.'
Mrs Barnard said she was enjoying the 'buzz' of running her own company and trying to think of as many ideas to attract customers.
She said: 'I would like a doggy day care centre but I have to start small and grow the business.
'I had 14 people who reported in to me in my last job. Now it's me and the dogs. I am also looking at a taxi service and looking after small animals – I can offer a chicken service.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
'While people are away, some like text messages about how their cat is and I can do that. If we offer these little extras people love it.'
Have you got a business story? Contact Shaun Lowthorpe on 01603 772471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org