Norfolk people urged to nominate individuals and teams for second care awards
- Credit: Supplied
Do you know a carer who has gone beyond the call of duty?
Local people are being urged to nominate an individual or team who have made a real difference to their family for the second Norfolk Care Awards.
With almost a month to go before nominations close, organisers are calling on people to put forward carer and support service workers who have delivered excellent care.
More than 100 nominations were received last year for the inaugural Norfolk Care Awards, which celebrate the importance of the care sector.
Some of the winners of last year's awards spoke of their pride at being recognised for their work.
Angela Rankin, of Holmwood House Care Home, in Swaffham, who won the 'bringing people together through activities' category, said: 'Winning the award was a fantastic feeling, appreciation, achievement and recognition, for a very rewarding job.'
Sherylanne Hodgins, of Avery Lodge Residential Home in Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, which won the Archant-sponsored learning and development award, added: 'For a small independent home this is the best thing that could have happened.'
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
- 10 One person rescued after crash on A47
Nominations can be made until November 22 and the awards will be presented at Sprowston Manor Hotel, Norwich, on February 26. The Norfolk Care Awards are supported by Norfolk County Council, Norfolk and Suffolk Dementia Alliance, Norfolk and Suffolk Palliative Care Academy, University of East Anglia, City College Norfolk, N-able, Norse, Boots, Alan Boswell Insurance Agency and Norfolk Independent Care.
To make a nomination, visit www.norfolkcareawards.co.uk