Norfolk ParkRuns cancelled after weather warning
- Credit: Karl Read
Some ParkRuns in Norfolk have been cancelled due to a weather warning.
Both the Sheringham and Blickling Parkrun have been cancelled with others keeping an eye on the weather as Norfolk prepares for a yellow weather warning for strong winds this Saturday.
Sheringham ParkRun said on Facebook: "It is with regret that together with our hosts the National Trust at Sheringham Park, we have made the decision to cancel the event tomorrow due to very high winds being forecast.
"Whilst we hate to disappoint participants, as we have said before, we will never gamble with people's safety and that includes our volunteers as well as the runners."
The ParkRun scheme is a free and timed 5k walk, jog or run at 9am every Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Runs are organised by volunteers and are open to all ages and abilities.
Volunteers at Sloughbottom ParkRun will keep runners updated on Facebook if their session will still go ahead.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 9 Couple launch new park café after market success
- 10 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home