Norfolk parents set up groups for parents with twins
It is a case of seeing double for a group of south Norfolk mums who have set up a club for parents with twins.
Friends Charlotte Savory and Anna Shorthose, from Long Stratton, started the group about six weeks ago and now they welcome more than 10 sets of twins every week.
Mrs Savory, whose twins Edward and Sophia will celebrate their first birthday at the end of the month, set up the group when she saw a gap in the market.
'The nearest group for twins and multiple births is the other said of Norwich,' the mother-of-five said. 'It started up with four mums. We all met through Facebook. Now we have around 10 mums every week. We are like a support group – everyone is laid back and very friendly. We discuss what it's like to have twins.'
Mrs Savory, 35, who lives in Francis Road, Long Stratton, with her husband, Richard, 39, and children Christopher, 15, Phillipa, eight, Amelia, four, and the twins, added: 'The group really helps people. We have some mums come from Blofield and Thorpe St Andrew. Our youngest twins are just seven weeks old and the oldest have just turned three.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meets every Tuesday morning, including term time, at Bracon Ash village hall.
Their next step is to secure a shed on the site where they can store all the toys and foam tiles for the floor.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
Anyone who can help or who wants to join the group should email firstname.lastname@example.org