Norfolk named one of the best counties in England and Wales for quality of life in retirement
- Credit: Getty Images
Norfolk has been named one of the most attractive counties for retirees.
The county was rated highly in a new study to find the area that offers the best quality of life in retirement.
The rankings, compiled by Prudential financial services group, were based on eight sets of data identified as indicators of a happy and comfortable retirement.
These indicators included pension income, access to healthcare, disability-free life expectancy, healthy lifestyle data, weather, crime levels, the number of pensioners moving to the county and resident pensioners as a proportion of county's population.
Of the 55 counties in England and Wales, West Sussex was revealed as the best, with Norfolk coming fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk received strong scores for boasting nearly 100 miles of coastline, having the largest village green in England and the highest concentration of medieval churches in the world.
Suffolk was also ranked within the top ten, coming in joint ninth place with North Yorkshire.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab