Mum-of-four gets Norwich midfielder James Maddison’s autograph tattooed on arm
- Credit: Archant
Norwich midfielder James Maddison has left a lasting impression with many City fans this season.
But none more so than mother-of-four Cheryl Minns, who has had the 21-year-old's autograph tattooed on her right arm.
Miss Minns, from Loddon, said she met the footballer on Saturday after the Canaries drew 0-0 against Chelsea.
The 36-year-old season ticket holder then got him to sign his autograph on her right arm.
'I said to him I am going to get it tattooed, and he was lovely about it,' Miss Minns said.
You may also want to watch:
'He looked a bit surprised, but then he turned around and said 'if you do it, you can definitely have a pair of signed boots'.'
True to her word, Miss Minns booked herself in for a £20 tattoo at a studio in Beccles on Monday - the same day as her 36th birthday.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
To ensure the signature was not rubbed off, the full-time mum said she avoided having a shower until after her appointment.
Miss Minns said it was not the first time she had asked for a Norwich player's autograph to be permanently drawn on her arm.
Below Mr Maddison's signature is the autograph of former City midfielder Bradley Johnson, who left the club in 2015.
The life-long city fan said she accepted that Mr Maddison, who is her favourite player, could also leave the club in the future.
She added: 'He probably is going to go, we all know that. It is just a case of when.
'But the tattoo is my personal choice, the same as the one from Bradley Johnson. These are memories for me.'
She said when Mr Johnson - who now plays for Derby County - came to play against Norwich he remembered her.
'Although he probably thought there's that crazy woman,' Miss Minns added.
After posing a photograph of herself getting her latest tattoo on Twitter, with the caption 'tattoo has been looking good, can I have the boots now please that you said about', Mr Maddison responded.
The Canaries star said: 'Yes of course I will! No problem.'
Miss Minns said she and her partner Lee Solomon, 36, are both huge Norwich fans and sit in the front row of the Barclay End stand.
The pair got engaged on Christmas Day and Miss Minns said it is her dream to get married at Carrow Road.
Do you have an unusual story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org