Norfolk MP calls for dualling of the A47 Acle Straight
Great Yarmouth's MP has renewed his call for ministers to agree to dual the A47 Acle Straight.
Brandon Lewis hopes the status of the road – which is the main way into the town – can be upgraded to increase the chances of securing EU money to fund upgrade work.
He said: 'Dualling it would bring major benefits and if we can get its status changed we can proactively work to attract European Money to do so.'
Graham Plant, cabinet member for planning and transport at County Hall, has supported Mr Lewis in his call.
He said: 'It would help all our various industries and residents to have a decent modern access road into Great Yarmouth.'
You may also want to watch:
He added safety concerns were just as important as economic considerations.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17