Mobile library redecorated to mark VE Day
- Credit: Archant
A mobile library has been decorated with photographs to commemorate VE Day.
To mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day on May 8, a Norfolk mobile library van has been re-designed to feature photographs taken during the Second World War both at home and abroad.
The images on the vehicle include snapshots of the Home Guard, American Troops who were stationed at Old Buckenham airbase and the Land Army.
There are also images from a street party in Walsingham held to celebrate the very first VE day.
The Norfolk mobile library service fleet is currently grounded because of the coronavirus outbreak and the refurbishment was commissioned and completed before lockdown was announced.
You may also want to watch:
There are plans to display the commemorative van when the mobile service resumes.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR