Inquest to resume into death of man found on fire
- Credit: Archant
The full inquest into the death of a Norfolk man who suffered burns to 85pc of his body is due to resume on Monday (August 19).
Edward Hinds, who was homeless, was found on fire near a YMCA hostel in Peterborough at about 8.20am on November 8 last year.
He was initially taken to Peterborough City Hospital by ambulance, but was later airlifted to a specialist burns unit in Chelmsford.
The 22-year-old, of no fixed address, died a day later at Broomfield Hospital.
At the opening of his inquest at Huntingdon Coroners' Court last year, his medical cause of death was given as multiple organ failure as a result of "flame burns" to 85pc of his body and smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police said Mr Hinds was from the Norfolk area.
Mr Hinds's full inquest is due to take place at Huntingdon Coroners' Court at 10am.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats