Man found on fire outside homeless hostel
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk man is in a critical condition after being found on fire outside a homeless hostel.
Cambridgeshire Police said the man, who is in his 20s, was discovered outside a YMCA hostel in Peterborough this morning (Thursday, November 8).
The force said the circumstances 'are not fully known at this time', but that officers do not believe anyone else was involved.
Officers were called to reports of a man on fire outside the YMCA in Wellington Street, Eastgate, at 8.20am.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: 'The circumstances are not fully known at this time.
You may also want to watch:
'The man has suffered severe injuries and was initially taken to Peterborough City Hospital by ambulance, but has since been airlifted to a specialist burns unit in Chelmsford.
'He is in a critical condition.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker