Norfolk man dies in A11 crash on way to new home in south Devon
A pensioner was set to embark on a new chapter in his life when he died in a two-vehicle crash on the A11.
Ken Hobbins, 81, was on his way to meet his wife Susan at South Mimms services on the way to their new home in south Devon when he was involved in the accident at Mildenhall last Wednesday at about 2.10pm.
The couple had moved from Devon to Norfolk seven years ago. They had been living in Stratton Strawless to be closer to Mr Hobbins' daughter, granddaughters and his wife's two sons and grandsons. They were about to move back to the south-west.
Mr Hobbins, who was driving a black Mercedes estate car, was travelling with the couple's dog Tilly, a German short-haired pointer, who survived the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Did you know Mr Hobbins? Do you want to pay tribute to him? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith