Norfolk man arrested of suspicion of terrorism offences released on bail
- Credit: EDP pics � 2003
A 31-year-old man from Norfolk arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Met Police's Counter Terrorism Command made the arrest on the east coast of the county yesterday morning.
He was detained on suspicion of encouraging support for a banned terrorist organisation and fundraising for a terror group.
Police carried out searches at two addresses in east Norfolk and one in north London.
The arrests related to suspected activities overseas.
You may also want to watch:
The man was released on bail until late March.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse