Norfolk man arrested after Cambridgeshire police officer killed in accident
- Credit: PA
A driver from Norfolk has been arrested after the death of a Cambridgeshire police officer in a road accident.
Det Con Sharon Garrett, 48, died after the Renault Clio she was driving was involved in a collision with two other cars and two lorries on the A141 at Wyton, Cambridgeshire, on Friday.
Chf Con Simon Parr paid tribute to her and described her as an 'exceptional police officer'.
He said: 'My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go to her husband, children and immediate family, but also to the many friends and colleagues who will feel the loss of such an exceptional person.'
Mrs Garrett joined Cambridgeshire Police in 1991 and served in a number of roles across the force, most recently investigating complex fraud offences.
You may also want to watch:
She leaves a husband, Adrian, who is also a serving Cambridgeshire Police officer, and two children.
The driver of one of the lorries, a 26-year-old man from King's Lynn, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park