Norfolk Lord to take part in half marathon in aid of EACH
A Norfolk Lord is lacing up his trainers and pounding the pavements to help raise money for a local charity which supports children with life-threatening conditions.
Russell Baker, Lord of Little Moulton, who lives in Bracon Ash, near Wymondham, will take part in the Palma half marathon on Sunday in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH).
Lord Baker said he chose to raise money for the charity because of its local links.
'EACH is a fantastic organisation and like most charities that provide invaluable and fantastic support, they are in much need of financial support,' he said.
The 50-year-old, who works as a technology solutions architect, said he was trying to raise EACH's profile.
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three is hoping to complete the race in around an hour and 45 minutes.
'I had keyhole surgery on my knee in March. I used to play football and then I started cycling. I only started running about five years ago,' he said.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Lord Baker's wife, Rebecca, a finance manager, will also take part in the Palma 10k.
Students at Wymondham High School will help to support the cause when they hold a dress down day next month. 'This should raise �1,500 upwards so I would like to say a huge thank you to Victoria Musgrave for her school's support.'
To donate, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RussellBaker
Are you taking part in a charity challenge? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com