Wife of Norfolk landowner named as godparent to Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s Prince Louis
- Credit: PA
A Norfolk couple have been named godparents to Prince Louis, the youngest son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Hannah Carter, a friend of the Duchess of Cambridge, has been named godmother to the fifth in line to the throne.
The news was announced today, as the 11-week-old baby was christened at St James's Palace.
Mrs Carter, previously Gillingham, is an old school friend of Catherine, who both attended Malborough College.
Mrs Carter married Norfolk landowner Robert Carter in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
The Duke and Duchess, as well as Catherine's sister Pippa Matthews (previously Middleton), attended the Carters' wedding in Suffolk.
Mr Carter's sister Sophie Carter is godmother to Princess Charlotte
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
As well as being landowners, the Carter family run a construction business called R G Carter.
The business has recently committed itself to a future in Norfolk, as it announced a £14m engineering hub in the Breckland countryside in November last year.
The businesses' Norfolk base is in Drayton.
Other godparents of Prince Louis are Lucy Middleton, the cousin of the Duchess of Cambridge.
She is joined by Harry Aubrey-Fletcher, a friend of Prince William.
Lady Laura Mead, wife of a close friend, and Nicholas van Custem, a friend of the Duke, were also named.
Guy Pelly, the 'court jester' friend of Prince William, was also named a godparent.