Ice cream maker Parravani’s gets a new look as it celebrates 121 years in business
- Credit: EDP pics © 2006
Parravani's is celebrating its 121st birthday, as it takes the crown for oldest independent ice cream maker in the country.
The Italian ice cream factory based in Beccles, Suffolk has stolen the hearts of sweet-toothed locals for more than a century.
But the company revealed on Wednesday that it has rebranded its iconic look and is offering online sales of its ice cream.
The business has maintained traditional recipes, which were handed down by Giuseppe Parravani - who began as a small ice cream seller on the cobbled streets of Norwich in 1898.
Adam Salter, who is in charge of Business Development at Parravani's said they had been preparing for the launch of the new website for months.
You may also want to watch:
'It will take some time to establish, it is something completely new for them (customers),' Mr Salter added, 'We are pretty excited'.
Customers will now be able to have their delectable desserts delivered to their doors and can expect a legendary range of new flavours to mark their 121st birthday.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143