Norfolk hotel named as one of the most romantic places to stay in UK
- Credit: Archant
With Valentine's Day just round the corner a Norfolk hotel has been named as one of the most romantic places to stay in the country.
The Beechwood, in North Walsham, was praised with love in the TripAdvisor Travellers Choice 2018 awards.
The hotel, which also received the accolade last year, has a five out of five rating on the travel website with 88pc of its 961 reviews excellent.
From the mid-1930s to 1967 The Beechwood was known as The Shrubs and was the home of Drs Peter and Margaret McLeod who were close friends of crime writer Agatha Christie.
Dame Agatha was a regular visitor, staying with the McLeods in room number nine for a month at a time, writing her novels in a summerhouse in the grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Now run by husband and wife team Hugh and Emma Asher, the 18-room hotel is home to a AA Rosette fine dining restaurant which serves breakfast, Sunday Lunch, dinner and afternoon teas.
Other hotels in the top 10 include ones in Devon, Cornwall and North Yorkshire.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
For more food and drinks news, join our Facebook group Eat Norfolk