Public invited to try out modern and vintage gliders
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Members of the public can have the chance to take to the skies this month in a two-seat glider.
Norfolk Gliding Club will be opening its doors on August 18 at Tibenham, on a former Second World War airfield near Long Stratton.
Next year it will be celebrating its 60th anniversary, and to celebrate will be sharing the unique form of flying with the public.
George Odgers, a club member said: 'We hope that by having these events we can dispel some of the myths surrounding gliding and hopefully welcome more regular members to our club in the future.'
The club will be offering four types of flights, ranging from £25 to £45, which will range from 10 to 20 minutes each.
You may also want to watch:
This year there will also be the chance to fly in a vintage, open cockpit glider.
Pre-booked flights can be brought online at www.norfolkglidingclub.com/openday
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?