Take to the skies at gliding club open day
- Credit: Archant
Budding pilots have their chance to take to the skies at an upcoming open day.
The Norfolk Gliding Club, based at former a Second World War airfield in Tibenham, near Long Stratton, is letting the public take the controls of a modern glider on Easter Monday.
There will also be a chance to fly in an open-cockpit vintage glider at the event.
Andy Vidon at the Norfolk Gliding Club said: 'Following the success of last year's open day, the club hopes to give dozens of people the chance to experience almost silent flight as they soar over the Norfolk countryside with an experienced instructor in one of the club's two-seat trainers.'
There will be four types of flight on offer, ranging from £25 to £45 and lasting from 10 to 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
They can be booked online at norfolkglidingclub.com and there will be no tickets available on the day, Monday 2 April.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident