Take to the skies at gliding club open day
- Credit: Archant
Budding pilots have their chance to take to the skies at an upcoming open day.
The Norfolk Gliding Club, based at former a Second World War airfield in Tibenham, near Long Stratton, is letting the public take the controls of a modern glider on Easter Monday.
There will also be a chance to fly in an open-cockpit vintage glider at the event.
Andy Vidon at the Norfolk Gliding Club said: 'Following the success of last year's open day, the club hopes to give dozens of people the chance to experience almost silent flight as they soar over the Norfolk countryside with an experienced instructor in one of the club's two-seat trainers.'
There will be four types of flight on offer, ranging from £25 to £45 and lasting from 10 to 20 minutes.
They can be booked online at norfolkglidingclub.com and there will be no tickets available on the day, Monday 2 April.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm