Norfolk food and drink awards celebrates the very best in the industry
From the finest restaurants to the most welcoming pubs, today we celebrate our county's food heroes.
More than 250 people gathered at Open in Norwich yesterday evening for the prestigious EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2016, in association with the East of England Co-op.
The event celebrates the very best of Norfolk's food and drink industry, from great chefs and inspiring school food projects, to fabulous produce and brilliant pubs.
Last night judges had the difficult task of choosing 11 winners from an exceptionally high standard of finalists. It followed an intensive summer of tasting, visiting and interviewing the numerous entries into the competition.
Guests from more than 40 businesses within the industry attended the event, where they were treated to a three-course meal, provided by Julie Abbs Catering.
You may also want to watch:
It was hosted by David Whiteley, who presents Inside Out on BBC1, along with EDP Norfolk Magazine editor Angi Kennedy.
She said: 'These wonderful awards showcase the brilliant food and drink that our region has to offer – as well as the stars and experts who are the true champions of this important industry.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
'Once again we have seen many new businesses enter the awards, as well as those who have been an inspiration to the food and drink industry for many years.
'This year's nominations have been extremely high in both quality and quantity. We would like to congratulate all of the finalists who have made it through the judging process' The competition saw a record-breaking number of votes this year in the Norfolk's Best Pub and Norfolk's Best Restaurant categories, which were chosen by public vote.
One of the event's most prestigious titles, the Outstanding Achievement Award was won by John Davies.
Sponsored by Hansells Solicitors and Financial Advisers, the award recognises an individual's outstanding contribution to the industry.
Are you organising an event? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.