Norfolk firm named brewery of the year by the Good Pub Guide
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A Norfolk business has been crowned brewery of the year for the first in its history in the latest publication of the pub-goers bible.
Officials from Woodforde's spoke of their delight after receiving one of the industry's finest accolades in the The Good Pub Guide 2015.
The company, which has been brewing beers for more than 30 years, has won a number of prestigious awards for its individual beers such as Nelson's Revenge and Wherry, but this is the first time it has been crowned UK brewery of the year.
Rupert Farquharson, managing director of the Woodbastwick-based brewery, said it was particularly pleasing to win the award, which was based completely on reader feedback.
'We are delighted to have won this important award. It is particularly rewarding because it's a result of nominations from beer lovers across the county and recognises our passion for brewing great beer that people actually want to drink,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
The Good Pub Guide, now in its 33rd edition, receives regular feedback from over 2,000 loyal and eagle eyed correspondents who looks for real warmth and quality in service. It is the pub-goers' recommendations, backed up by editor inspections, that determines who's in and who's out year on year.
Fiona Stapley, editor for the Good Pub Guide, said: 'Our readers love their ales and we get lots of warm praise for a great many beers, but the Woodforde's ales receive special mention. It's clear that their beers are incredibly popular.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Police seal off building site in Norwich
'The fact that they have their own bore hole and use local barley and quite an array of local hops just adds to their credentials – especially at a time when public demand is for local produce. And their tap pub next door, the Fur & Feather keeps their full range of beers so notably well, is quite charming and again, our readers love it.'
For more information, visit www.woodfordes.co.uk
Have you got a story about an award winning brewery or pub? Email firstname.lastname@example.org