Norfolk firefighters tackle field blaze at Bedingfield Hall Farms
- Credit: Archant
The work of firefighters who tackled a field blaze this afternoon have been praised by the owner of Bedingfield Hall Farms.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call at 11.55am to the fire, which was at Bedingfield Hall Farms in Bedingfield.
Two crews from Norfolk, one from Diss and one from Harleston, attended the incident, along with crews from Debenham, Framlingham and Leiston.
Around 50 acres of stubble was set alight after an incident involving a mole drainer.
David Scott, who owns the farm, said it was believed that a flint hit the piece of farming equipment, which sparked the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Scott added: 'The fire service were brilliant. They were very quick to respond and very professional.
'The field has already been harvested and it was just stubble.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
'No damage was done and the fire service did a good job of stopping it spreading.'
He added the fields next to the 128-acre field had wheat in them and they could have been at risk had it not been for the quick work of the fire service, which was helped by those at the farm creating a wind break.
The stop message was received at 1.29pm.
Station commander Russell Punchard said initial crews worked 'extremely hard' in windy conditions to tackle the blaze.
Twenty six firefighters in total helped tackle the blaze, with crew rotation in place to make sure those helping extinguish the fire were performing at their best.
No one was injured in the blaze.