Norfolk firefighters called to help combat fire at Suffolk business
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Norfolk are helping to tackle a large blaze at a meat wholesalers in Suffolk today.
More than 50 firefighters are at the scene at Bramfield Meats in Low Road, Bramfield, near Halesworth after being called to reports of a fire there shortly before 4am today.
On Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service's incident page, it reports: 'Crews are currently dealing with a fire in a building consisting of shop and industrial unit which is fully involved in fire, building measures 25m by 20m, four jets in use.
'Firefighters have surrounded the fire and are working to prevent further spread to neighbouring properties.'
Police have closed Low Road while the fire service works at the scene. The A144 is still open.
You may also want to watch:
In total 13 pumps have attended the fire: one each from Halesworth, Leiston, Saxmundham, Southwold, Bungay, Great Yarmouth, Wrentham, Stradbroke, Lowestoft South, and two each from Beccles and Hethersett. Two water tankers are also in use.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 7 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden