Norfolk firefighters called to fires in the open
- Credit: Submitted
Firefighters have been battling blazes in the open.
At just before 5.10pm on Sunday (June 23) a crew from Hethersett was sent to a fire in the open at Sunningdale, off Newmarket Road in Norwich.
Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
Meanwhile shortly before 7.10pm, a crew from King's Lynn attended a fire in the open on Lewis Drive, Wiggenhall St Germans.
Crews used a backpack sprayer and beaters to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
It follows an earlier grass fire on Reepham Road which happened at just after 5pm.
Crews used hose reel jets and hand appliances to extinguish the fire which had been deliberately ignited.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious