Norfolk firefighters called out to a number of grass and field fires
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been busy this evening tackling a number of grass fires.
Crews from West Walton, Terrington and King's Lynn were mobilised to a field on fire at Tilney St Lawrence at 7.30pm tonight (Thursday, August 8) although it was found to be a false alarm due to controlled burning.
At just before 8.15pm firefighters from Fakenham were called to a grass fire at East Raynham and used hand appliances to extinguish.
Earlier, at Thetford, at just before 7.30pm, a crew were called to a grass fire which was extinguished using hand appliances.
Hand appliances were also used to put out a grass and hedge on fire in Lakenham.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from Carrow attended that incident at just before 6.50pm tonight.
Meanwhile a little over an hour earlier, firefighters from Hingham were called to a fire in the open at Attleborough.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
This however turned out to be a false alarm.