Fire service called after container falls from vehicle on A11 at Ketteringham
- Credit: Archant
Reports of a hedge fire on the A11 turned out to be a container which had fallen from the back of a vehicle.
Four fire crews and a hazardous material unit were scrambled to the dual carriage way in Ketteringham shortly after 10.45am on Monday.
A fire service spokesman said the initial call had been to reports of a hedge fire on the stretch of road.
But on arrival crews found a 'container' standing upright on the side of the dual carriage way.
The spokesman was unable to say what was inside the container, but said crews are waiting for it to be collected.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from Hethersett and Sprowston were among those called to the scene.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car