Norfolk fire service band’s 9/11 tribute track goes on sale
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A song written by a Norfolk fire service band in memory of those who lost their lives on 9/11 is now available to download.
The Backdrafts, a five-piece band who perform in full fire-fighting kit, has been invited to play the self-penned song, Chose to Run, in New York this summer. Ahead of the gig, which will see them appear at an appreciation dinner on the night before the Tunnel to Towers running race, their poignant ballad has become available to buy on iTunes from today.
The song reflects on the sacrifices made by emergency service workers who died in the terror attacks on New York's World Trade Centre in 2001.
Drummer Scott Field, one of three members based at Dereham fire station, said: 'We've had lots of postive feedback as to what the track sounds like and it's opening lots of doors for us.'
The band will be performing at The Cherry Tree in Dereham tomorrow evening from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
To download their song, go to their website www.thebackdrafts.co.uk or directly to iTunes.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips