Yoga on Wells beach in winter? Norfolk filmmakers hope to inspire people with quirky video
- Credit: T A S K films
Three Norfolk friends are hoping their video submission to the BMC Women in Adventure film competition will raise awareness for the county.
Norwich-based Dan Johnson, 30, and Ciaran O'Neill, 27, and Bridy Parsons, 25, from Dereham created a six-minute film titled Solitude – their first ever - using 'very minimal' equipment.
'We don't have big fancy camera equipment or qualifications in filming, only a passion for storytelling and gadgets!' Mr Johnson said. 'The film itself was actually shot using an iPhone 7 Plus'.
The film features Miss Parsons doing yoga on a deserted Wells-next-the-Sea Beach, and the filmmakers said they were keen to use the film to showcase Norfolk's beauty.
'Norfolk has so much to offer and we wanted to highlight that,' Mr Johnson said. 'We also wanted to raise awareness of how accessible our county is for anyone to explore themselves, and to inspire them to do something a little different.'
You may also want to watch:
The film competition is designed to boost the profile of women who take part in outdoor and mountain activities and encourage more females to get active outdoors and celebrate their achievements.
Mr Johnson said that he and his friends hope their film 'furthers the message for others to step outside of their comfort zones', adding: 'If it means more people exploring Norfolk then that's a great bonus!'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
The winners of the competition, who will be announced in March, receive £600 to fund their next adventure and will also have their entry screened at several outdoor film festivals.
'If we were to win it would just be a fantastic story for us to share with friends and family and hopefully, it would also help to inspire women or men to take up an adventure they always wanted to do,' he said.
'We also want to inspire young upcoming filmmakers...you don't need the world's best equipment to make something meaningful and powerful.'