Norfolk production company to release new film starring Sheridan Smith and Jo Brand
- Credit: Entertainment Film Distributors
A Norfolk production company is getting set to release a film featuring a galaxy of stars.
Sheridan Smith, Ricky Tomlinson, Mark Addy, Sheila Hancock and Sally Phillips are in the movie The More You Ignore Me, which is based on comedian Jo Brand's novel of the same name.
Genesius Pictures received funding from the University of East Anglia (UEA) for the movie because of its sustainable practices.
During production of the film, Genesius digitalised all paperwork, used sustainable resources in its set construction and made recycling facilities available for the cast.
The organisation was one of the first film production companies in the UK to adopt low-carbon ways following investment and guidance from the Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) at the UEA.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Gray, managing director of Genesius Pictures, said the support from LCIF has been instrumental in helping the team with its environmental practises.
'At Genesius Pictures we are committed to producing high quality, innovative films, whilst considering the impact production could have on the environment,' she said. 'We have been working with LCIF since 2013 and their support has been pivotal in ensuring we are doing everything we can to reduce our carbon footprint. Many of the initiatives have proved incredibly simple to implement and have also helped reduce our costs.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
The More You Ignore Me is a comedy drama focusing on the life of an unconventional family in 1980s rural England which addresses mental health issues and their impact on the family. It focuses on Gina (Sheridan Smith), a young mother whose efforts to be a loving mother and wife are undermined by her declining mental health. It is released on Friday.
The LCIF is part of the Adapt Low Carbon Group which was established in 2010 to invest in small to medium-sized local companies.
Prof John French, CEO of LCIF, added: 'We are delighted to offer ongoing support to a regional company producing high quality films with such highly acclaimed actors.
'Genesius Pictures are pioneers in an industry which historically has a large carbon footprint, so it's a pleasure to see the hard work come to fruition.'