Norfolk farrier announced as one of the singletons on new BBC2 dating show Love in the Countryside
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Forget Love Island, a new dating show is set to hit our screens as rural singletons look to find love - with one Norfolk stud announced as a contestant.
BBC2's Love in the Countryside, presented by Sara Cox, will take city slickers to the countryside in the hope of pairing them with singles whose remote location makes it difficult to date.
Mark, a 52-year-old farrier from the county, enjoys horse and carriage racing, historical re-enactment and golf and is looking for someone to 'whip him into shape'.
The Norfolk singleton is hoping to be sent head over hooves by a bright and bubbly woman who can be adventurous.
Speaking to the BBC, Mark said: 'It would be nice to settle down.
You may also want to watch:
'For me love is being there to share, to do stuff together, to hold, to cuddle, to kiss.'
'I love living in the countryside. I haven't got the hustle and bustle of living in the city.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
'After working hard all day I love to sit in the garden, have a beer and listen to nothing apart from the countryside.'
He added: 'I may be farrier but I absolutely love my 80s pop'
The show is set to air in 2018.
If you're interested in dating Mark you can call 020 7691 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know Mark the Norfolk farrier? Email Louisa.Baldwin@archant.co.uk