Norfolk FA to host festival of walking football in Martham to honour England legend Bobby Moore
- Credit: PA/British Pathe PLC
Football fans are being given the chance to put themselves to the test at a different pace for a good cause next month.
Norfolk FA is to host a walking football festival at its football development centre at Flegg High School (theFDC@Flegg) to raise money in honour of England's only senior World Cup winning captain.
The event, which is being held on Sunday, July 9, will raise money for the Bobby Moore Fund, which funds life-saving research into bowel cancer, the illness which kiiled the legendary footballer.
Open to anybody over the age of 18, the competition will also serve to introduce people to the walking version of the beautiful game.
Teams of six players minimum can enter the tournament, with an entry fee of £5 per player. There will also be a raffle at the event, with the opportunity to win an England shirt signed by Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate.
You may also want to watch:
Those unable to get a team together can also sign up as an individual and will be drafted into a team on the day.
To enter call 01603 704050.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack