Driving instructor to appear at Norwich court on drink drive charge
- Credit: Getty
A Norfolk driving instructor will appear in court next month after being charged with drink driving.
Police were called to Croxton Road, Thetford, after they received reports of a driver who had been seen drinking from a bottle of vodka in a car park in the area.
Officers arrived and later arrested the man who was found to be over the limit.
Following the incident, which happened on September 12 this year, Allan Saunders, 57, of Fairfields, Thetford, has been charged with driving a motor vehicle while alcohol levels were above the limit.
He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on October 8.
You may also want to watch:
Drink and drug driving is one of the fatal four driving offences targeted by roads policing officers in the county.
The others are speeding, using mobile phones while driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season