Drivers face long delays on A47 after drain cover comes off
- Credit: Archant
Rush-hour drivers are facing long delays after a drain cover came off on the A47.
The cover came off in the middle of the road halfway between Easton and the Honingham roundabout.
Police are letting drivers through in turns, but the road is blocked and there are long delays in both directions.
A spokesperson said highways teams had been called, and were on their way.
Drivers have been warned they could expect delays of more than 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
But one person said it took them three hours to travel from Dereham to Poringland.
Bus companies including Konectbus and First have tweeted to warn of delays to their services.
There are further delays on the A47 at Scarning after a three-vehicle crash blocked the road.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
The incident happened at about 8.50am this morning.