Drivers face long delays on A47 after drain cover comes off
- Credit: Archant
Rush-hour drivers are facing long delays after a drain cover came off on the A47.
The cover came off in the middle of the road halfway between Easton and the Honingham roundabout.
Police are letting drivers through in turns, but the road is blocked and there are long delays in both directions.
A spokesperson said highways teams had been called, and were on their way.
Drivers have been warned they could expect delays of more than 90 minutes.
But one person said it took them three hours to travel from Dereham to Poringland.
Bus companies including Konectbus and First have tweeted to warn of delays to their services.
There are further delays on the A47 at Scarning after a three-vehicle crash blocked the road.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
The incident happened at about 8.50am this morning.