30 Norfolk beaches you can now walk your dog on
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It's official, the summer beach ban for dogs ends at the beginning of October.
After a long, hot summer panting pooches across the county will be able to get the sand between their paws once more.
Many beaches in Norfolk have a dog ban in the summer months, usually restricting the whole beach or sections of it between May 1 and September 30.
The bans, which do not apply to service dogs, can see owners prosecuted or fined if they are not followed.
North Norfolk District Council said: "As much as we love dogs here in north Norfolk, there are areas during certain times of the year where they are not welcome, or where they must be walked on a lead. These apply between 1 May and 30 September."
You may also want to watch:
Here is a list of the 30 beaches you can walk your dog on from October 1.
Dog Friendly all year round:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- Heacham South and North
- Old Hunstanton
- Burnham Overy Staithe
- Great Yarmouth North
- Great Yarmouth South
Dog friendly, with restrictions in the summer months:
- East Runton
- Sea Palling
- Great Yarmouth Central
Specific restrictions for dogs:
- Wells-next-the-Sea - Dog friendly to the west of the beach. No dogs are allowed to the East.
- Hunstanton - Dogs are not allowed from the power boat ramp to the northern end of the promenade.
- West Runton - Once past this small restriction, you have the run of the beach.
- Happisburgh - There are dog restrictions south of the lighthouse.
For more information visit your district or borough councils website.