Norfolk DJ celebrates 10 years on the airwaves
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A Norfolk DJ is celebrating 10 years of being on the airwaves at Future Radio.
Richard Penguin will commemorate the 10th anniversary of his Acoustic and Eclectic Show playing racks from his favourite albums of the past decade.
He first broadcast on the station as part of its third restricted short licence broadcasts in May 2006, and he was part of the station when it received its first full licence in August 2007.
Having started as the music correspondent for the Platform show from August 2007 to November 2008 he began broadcasting his own Acoustic and Eclectic show on a Sunday afternoon in November 2008.
Currently the show is broadcast at 11am Tuesday morning with a repeat at 2pm on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Penguin hopes to play 11 songs from his 11 favourite national and international albums from 2007 on Tuesday, October 30 and Sunday, November 4.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting