Norfolk director’s new film project
A Norfolk filmmaker is appealing for people to get involved in a new project he is shooting in Asia.
Oliver Thompson, 33 and who started his film career in Norwich, hopes to make his short film The Dark Age this year, but in order to realise his vision he needs to raise US $15,000 (about �9,620).
Mr Thompson, who studied at what was then Norwich School of Art and Design and is from Thetford, said: 'The Dark Age follows two hours in the lives of three characters who live in a post apocalyptic world that has been ravaged by a cataclysmic event known as the White Fire. Each character comes from extremely different backgrounds and levels in society and the big question is what will they do to survive?'
Mr Thompson, who for the past decade has been working on film projects all over the world, said the new film had similarities with movies like The Book Of Eli and Children Of Men. In the past Oliver and his team have self-funded their projects, but this time around they are appealing for people to help with funding in return for perks such as a credit on the film, a limited edition The Dark Age t-shirt, and even the chance to appear in the film.
• For more about The Dark Age or to contribute funds visit www.indiegogo.com/THE-DARK-AGE-Short-Sci-Fi-Film-Project
• Are you involved in a new arts project? Email email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 9 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise