Norfolk designer tries her hand at rugby national shirts
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
For many, the thought of a career in fashion may conjure up images of catwalk struts and glamorous shows.
And for Chloe Snelling, her first year working as a designer has already seen her create garments which have been featured on television – on international rugby players.
The 23-year-old, a junior creative designer at Long Stratton-based Samurai Sportswear, was tasked with designing the Portugal and Kenya shirts ahead of the World Rugby Sevens Series tournament later this year. And now, having been at the company just a year, she has spotted her red, green and white creations on Sky Sports, something she described as 'crazy'.
'It has been really exciting,' she said. 'I thought when I got into this that I would be making clothes that people would wear down the street, rather than sportswear.
'But there were so many elements to these shirts – it's about showing the country's colours, the players' strength, performance and how hard they work.
'It's very exciting and there is a different level to designing it, which is why I love it.'
Miss Snelling went to Thorpe St Andrew High School, and still lives in the area, having studied at Leeds University.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 5 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
Samurai Sportswear also designs hockey, netball and cricket kits. Visit www.samurai-sports.com for information.
Do you have an unusual story for us? Email reporter Lauren Cope on email@example.com