Even more things to do on Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
The countdown is on and the exciting is building as Norfolk Day returns to the county for a second time but if you're still unsure of how to celebrate, here are a few more ideas.
- Chill-out in the churchyard at Hillington
From midday to 4pm on Saturday July 27 All Saints' Church in Hillington Square will be celebrating Norfolk Day with live music from Ian Swinburn, tea and cakes. The Fathers Arms bar will also be open serving a range of drinks.
You may also want to watch:
- Norfolk Day Celebrations
On Norfolk Day, Christ Church (Eaton) will be open in Norfolk Day celebratory mode from 10am - 4pm! Refreshments will be available.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
- The lost sheep wool shop Rollesby
The shop will be hosting an all day knit and natter and crochet and chatter, as well as a raffle, Norfolk day quiz, several woolly crafts, pompom making, fork weaving, fabric flower making and refreshments to fuel the activities.
- Peddars Way talk at Lynn Museum
The museum will be holding a free talk on 'Peddars Way and the Norfolk Coast Path National Trail: Coastal Treasures' at 2.30pm.
- Friend in Deed Norfolk Day picnic
From 2.30pm to 5pm the organisation will be holding a picnic on Norwich School's playing field in the Cathedral Close, the afternoon will feature games and live music from Ami Bondi.
- Holt Celebrates Norfolk Day
On Friday July 26, from 11am - 2.30pm Holt community hub will be holding Norfolk day celebrations featuring the best/worst dressed scarecrow, games, home made cakes, refreshments and more.
On the green there will be a cake stall, bric a brac stand and raffle
Great Ormesby WI will be offering free tea, coffee and cakes in the Ormesby Village Centre, Station Road, between 10am and 12pm.
- Big C charity football match
From 12pm-5pm at Stracey Park in Rackheath, there will be a charity football tournament between six teams which will compete for the David Vosper trophy. All proceeds from the tournament will go towards the Big C.
- Waving the flags on the green in Thetford
Thetford Riverside Leisure Complex will be hosting a day of activities 'on the lawn' including an afternoon tea party for residents of a nearby carehome, live music from Matt Chapple and entertainment from Gary Winter.
-The King's Head Letheringsett Party in the garden
From 2pm on July 27, the King's Head will be hosting live music from Matty Haynes, a bouncey castle, ice creams and family fun.
- Warwick Street Social Norfolk day menu
The city centre restaurant will be supporting Norfolk Day by offering an exclusive set menu showcasing some of the county's finest produce, two courses for £23.50, three courses for £28.
-Norfolk Day at Jarrold
From July 25- July 28 Jarrold in Norwich will be hosting a number of events including deli tastings, story telling with Isabelle King and an Orchard Toys takeover.
- Norfolk Broads Whitlingham fun day
On Saturday July 27, the Broads Authority will be hosting a jam packed family fun day at Whitlingham Country Park
Activities will include woodland crafts, walking trails, face painting, canoe paddles, pond dipping, wildlife displays and more. There will also be food from the barn café available to keep you visitors refreshed throughout the day. Whitlingham Country Park 11am-4pm.