Norfolk coroner opens inquest into Great Yarmouth motorcyclist’s death on the Acle Straight
The inquest into the death of a motorcyclist who died on the Acle Straight has been opened and adjourned.
Tony Webb, 25, of Exmouth Road, Great Yarmouth, died after his black Yamaha motorbike collided with a silver Ford Transit van on the A47 on Monday, March 26, just before 4pm.
The motorbike was travelling towards Acle at the time of the crash which happened about a mile out of Yarmouth.
Yesterday's inquest, held in Norwich, heard how the van was stationary in a line of traffic at the time.
For reasons which have not yet been established, it appears Mr Webb collided with the vehicle, it was heard.
A post mortem examination revealed that the support worker died from severe head injuries.
The inquest was adjourned to a date yet to be fixed.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 8 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
Witnesses to the crash should call Norfolk Police on 101.