19 new coronavirus cases in Norfolk in last seven days
- Credit: Archant
Nearly half of new coronavirus cases reported in Norfolk occurred in Great Yarmouth in the last seven days, new figures have revealed.
In the seven days from Monday, July 27 to Monday, August 3, the town saw eight people test positive, up from five the previous week - an equivalent of 8.1 cases per 100,000 people.
In context at its peak in April, the town recorded 65.4 cases per 100,000 people.
The town continues to be the Norfolk area with the highest rate of infection for the second consecutive week.
More: Four people at coastal nursery test positive for coronavirusThe county’s rate of infection continues to remain low in comparison to the rest of the country with cases in Norwich falling to 0 after reporting six cases in the seven days leading to July 27.
In England, Blackburn with Darwen, has the highest infection rate in the country and has seen its infection rate fall from 88.8 cases per 100,000 people in the seven days to July 27 to 82.2 cases in the seven days to August 3.
You may also want to watch:
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk saw a rise in the rate to 2.6 cases per 100,000 people, with four people tested positive, up from just one the previous week.
The number of new cases remained the same in the Breckland area (five) and one new case in both North Norfolk and South Norfolk.
More: Coronavirus infection rate drops in almost all areas of SuffolkThe figures, for the seven days to August 3, are based on tests carried out in laboratories (pillar one of the Government’s testing programme) and in the wider community (pillar two).
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
The local list in full. From left to right it reads: name of local authority; the rate of new cases in the seven days to August 3; the number (in brackets) of new cases recorded in the seven days to August 3; the rate of new cases in the seven days to July 27; the number (in brackets) of new cases recorded in the seven days to July 27.
Great Yarmouth 8.1 (8), 2.0 (2)
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk 3.3 (5), 0.7 (1)
Breckland 3.6 (5), 2.9 (4)
Broadland 2.3 (3), 0.8 (1)
North Norfolk 1.0 (1), 1.0 (1)
South Norfolk 0.7 (1), 0.7 (1)
Norwich 0.0 (0), 4.3 (6)
Ipswich 2.2 (3), 6.6 (9)
East Suffolk 2.0 (5), 4.8 (12)
West Suffolk 1.1 (2), 3.4 (6)
Mid Suffolk 0.0 (0), 2.9 (3)
East Cambridgeshire 1.1 (1), 0.0 (0)