Company to offer ‘dog cuddling’ sessions for people who are lonely
- Credit: Archant
A dog caring business is hoping to help people who are lonely with volunteer 'dog cuddling' sessions.
Barking Mad South Norfolk is offering people who feel isolated the chance to temporary look after a dog and spend time with other dog lovers.
It is also aimed at people who may work from home and need company.
Helen Tyler, of Barking Mad South Norfolk, said: 'Whilst remote working has obvious advantages, working alone under pressure and not having the physical presence of a team to support you can lead to loneliness that can't be fixed by any kind of app.
'Caring for a friendly dog not only provides canine cuddles but also the motivation to go and take a walk at lunchtime.'
You may also want to watch:
The sessions offer the opportunity to care for dogs at home, while owners are away on holiday.
To find out more go to www.barkingmad.uk.com
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker