New bereavement support line launched
- Credit: Archant
Handmade hearts, personal messages and a new support helpline have been launched to support bereaved families in Norfolk.
Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust (NCH&C) has set up the phone service which will be operated by chaplaincy staff and bereavement volunteers from the Priscilla Bacon Centre, seven days a week.
In addition the trust is sending out post cards, which have been donated by Priscilla Bacon, to families whose loved ones have received treatment at the trust with a message from the clinician who care for them. This will be alongside a handmade heart the patient would have been given during their care.
Read more: ‘It’s unthinkable to us’ - Service supporting bereaved families plea for supportTracey Dryhurst, team lead psychological service in specialist palliative care, said: “Bereavement is always a time of great sadness and change for families and individuals, but at this time these feelings will be heightened by the social distancing and the isolation that this brings.
“Normally we turn to one another for comfort in grief and so this Bereavement Support Helpline will give people the opportunity to have their story heard and understood and to gain information about practical ideas to cope with the thoughts and feelings of loss and to be connected with other bereavement organisations locally and nationally.
“We would like families and individuals of the patients that we have cared for to know that we continue to support them during this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The helpline will be open 9am and 5pm, seven days a week, on 01603 255728.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old