Norfolk's second Climate Summit starts this week
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Green jobs, food, farming and activism are among the topics to be discussed at the second Norfolk Climate Summit.
The online event co-hosted by Norwich Green New Deal Hub, Norwich Campaign Against Climate Change and the COP26 Coalition will run online from June 16 to 19.
Teenage climate striker Dylan Hamilton, Norwich South MP Clive Lewis and tax expert Prof Richard Murphy are among the speakers of the summit, which is taking place in the run up to the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
It follows the conclusion of the G7 summit in Cornwall.
The full timetable of talks is as follows:
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday June 16, 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - Extreme weather
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
7pm - Food and farming
Thursday June 17, 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - False solutions
7pm - Green jobs
Friday June 18, from 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - Art, activism and road protests
7pm - Twyford Rising book launch
Saturday, June 19 from 4pm to 7pm:
4pm Suzanne Jeffery, Campaign Against Climate Change
4.30pm Amanda Fox, XR Money Rebellion
5.30pm Dylan Hamilton, Fridays4Future (youth climate strikes)
6.30pm Camille Barbagallo, COP26 Coalition.
Attendees only need to register once at https://actionnetwork.org/events/norfolk-climate-summit