Norfolk's second Climate Summit starts this week
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Green jobs, food, farming and activism are among the topics to be discussed at the second Norfolk Climate Summit.
The online event co-hosted by Norwich Green New Deal Hub, Norwich Campaign Against Climate Change and the COP26 Coalition will run online from June 16 to 19.
Teenage climate striker Dylan Hamilton, Norwich South MP Clive Lewis and tax expert Prof Richard Murphy are among the speakers of the summit, which is taking place in the run up to the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
It follows the conclusion of the G7 summit in Cornwall.
The full timetable of talks is as follows:
Wednesday June 16, 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - Extreme weather
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
7pm - Food and farming
Thursday June 17, 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - False solutions
7pm - Green jobs
Friday June 18, from 6pm to 8pm:
6pm - Art, activism and road protests
7pm - Twyford Rising book launch
Saturday, June 19 from 4pm to 7pm:
4pm Suzanne Jeffery, Campaign Against Climate Change
4.30pm Amanda Fox, XR Money Rebellion
5.30pm Dylan Hamilton, Fridays4Future (youth climate strikes)
6.30pm Camille Barbagallo, COP26 Coalition.
Attendees only need to register once at https://actionnetwork.org/events/norfolk-climate-summit