More than 600 faults uncovered by Norfolk child car seat checks
- Credit: Archant
Child car seat checks carried out in Norfolk revealed more than 600 faults.
Norfolk County Council said its road safety team and the fire service checked a record number of seats this year.
Of the 1,645 checked in the past four weeks, 629 faults were uncovered.
The council said the 38pc fault rate was slightly lower than in 2017.
Child car seats are a legal requirement in the UK and make children far less likely to be seriously hurt in a collision.
But they must be correctly fitted and adjusted to offer maximum protection.
To get your seat checked, arrange an appointment directly with the road safety team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'